Yeah, Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi is good but, have you ever put it in a casserole? All you need are a few simple ingredients and you let the oven do the rest of the work. Nutritious & delicious. Enjoy!
Casseroles are becoming my new favorite thing to make. They’re so easy. I’ve been thriving off of easy, quick and simple meal preps this semester. I’ve been digging baked oatmeal, budda bowls, salads, casseroles, egg bakes, and french toast bakes. Allll about the bakes. Stay tuned for more recipes and blog posts like this one.
This is the lazy girl casserole. When you want something filling and nutritious but don’t have much time or effort. Insert this casserole. It’s got veggies from the cauliflower gnocchi and broccoli. Carbohydrates from the tempeh and cauliflower gnocchi. Protein from the tempeh/chicken and eggs. And it has healthy fat from the coconut milk and eggs. What more could you need?
Ingredients: (from paleoglutenfree.com)
- 1 block of tempeh or 2-3 chicken sausages, cut into bite sized piece
- 32 oz frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca starch (I haven’t tried corn starch but it would probably work!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons rosemary fresh, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons sage fresh, minced
Directions: (from paleoglutenfree.com)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a casserole dish with oil spray.
- Layer the dish with tempeh on the bottom, then gnocchi and broccoli.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, starch, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage. Then pour sauce over the base.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.