Looking for the perfect snack? Well, you’re in luck. These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are perfect for at home or on the go. Something about peanut butter makes these taste so delicious! Not only do they taste good but they’re healthy too.
Guess what? They’re no bake = time saver :))))
Last time I made energy bites I didn’t like them. It’s a texture thing for me. For example, I don’t like cookie dough. I love cookies though. When it came to these energy bites I was ready to give them another shot. The ingredients were super simple and I had everything in my fridge and pantry.
Why these ingredients are great:
- Contains fat + protein to leave you feeling satisfied. These macronutrients are so important. Don’t fear the peanut butter.
- Contains simple carbohydrates to give you energy. Also, don’t fear sugar. It’s your body and brain’s primary fuel source.
- Contain complex carbohydrates to give you long lasting energy. Bonus: fiber and protein to increase satiety.
- Contain fat + protein to leave you feeling satisfied. Also, contain omegas that you may benefit from.
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- Add great texture and flavor.
It’s safe to say these are amazing! You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. Now I’m in the mindset that energy bites are going to be essential for my weekly meal preps. I encourage everyone else to do the same. We could all use a sweet treat!
After a few days of eating these for snack I kept thinking that they tasted like my childhood. What was it about them?! It took me awhile but I finally figured it out. They remind me so much of the taste of Little Debby Nutty Buddys. Did anyone else have those as a child? In middle school, every Wednesday when I went to Hebrew school I would purchase a Nutty Buddy from the snack cart or vending machine.
Ingredients: (from @beachsidekitchen)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp milk (I used almond)
- 3/4 cup oats (I used rolled)
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds (or any nut/seed)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips (I used chunks)
Directions: (from @beachsidekitchen)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, and milk.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients: oats, hemp seeds, cacao nibs and chocolate chips.
- Roll them into bites or bars. (I was feeling lazy so I did bars)