Hey yo new recipe on my blog check!! This is chicken parmesan minus the chicken plus the cauliflower. Chicken who? Uh is da remix: Vegetarian Cauliflower Parmesan. Sorry I’ve been watching too much tik tok.
Check out this video I made to go with this recipe!! It was so much fun to make for you guys. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do.
Hey you, wanna burry some cauliflower in cheese? YUP.
Got more time on your hands to make this casserole? Get in the kitchen and pass the time.
Here’s a switch up to the classic chicken parmesan. Is cauliflower still the hype?? I’m not saying don’t eat chicken parm. I’m saying trust me and try it with cauliflower. I get bored of chicken reaaaaal quick, so, it’s nice to switch it up.
This casserole is all dressed up but nowhere to go, except the oven and my belly. Hm, sounds familiar #quarantined.
Here’s the video I made to go along with the recipe!
Ingredients: adapted from thevisualveggie.com (serves 4)
- 1 head of cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, divided
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 24 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE VIDEO ABOVE
Directions: adapted from thevisualveggie.com
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the cauliflower. (see video above)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, almond flour, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon each of oregano and basil (save the rest for the casserole). In another bowl, mix the eggs.
- Bread the cauliflower by dipping each piece in the egg mixture and then the breading mixture. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F (for baking the casserole).
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with oil.
- Time to layer the casserole! First layer with cauliflower, then tomato sauce, cheese, fresh spices and repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy 🙂