New recipe alert! Make these Veggie Quinoa Egg Bites for a savory breakfast or mid-day snack. These are lifesavers for busy weeks. Prep a bunch on the weekend and have a quick breakfast/snack all week long. Or freeze them and enjoy whenever!
I’m a big fan of meal prepping. Really any version of meal prep. Whether that means cutting all my veggies, fruits and cooking my grains ahead of time or making big casserole dishes for the week. I’d much rather do it in bigger chunks of time in order to actually save time in the long run. It’s always nice when you come home and already have some food prepped or part of your meal prepped.
Another thing that has worked for me is prepping and cooking at times that work for me. I prepped this on a Wednesday and baked it after work on Thursday. You gotta do what works for your schedule!
For this week instead of making a casserole I chose to make muffin sized bites. I’m so glad I made these. It so nice to have a nutritious snack prepped.
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3/4 cup quinoa, cooked (in vegetable broth)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 4 mushrooms
- Handful of greens
- Handful of basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- + add more spices you like!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease a muffin pan with oil.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg is cooked. Enjoy!