If you were to meal prep one meal next week why not choose this?! It’s time to stop making the same frozen chicken breast for dinner. Try out this fresh dish that is packed with flavor and nutrients.
I have been loving roasted/baked sweet potatoes. They complete every meal. Ok, well not every meal but close.
I enjoyed FitFoodieFind’s take on the Mediterranean dish tabouli. It’s quiet simple and contains all of my favorites. It is also very versatile which is important for us college students.
I hope to post more meal ideas like this one. Lately, I’ve been craving these fresh, simple, favorable and nutrient dense meals. Who’s with me?!
Ingredients: from FitFoodieFinds.com
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
For the Hummus:
I used the recipe from FitFoodieFinds. But, I regret that because it was not creamy at all. Going forward, I’ll stick with the DIY Hummus recipe on my blog!
For the Tabouli:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (~1/3 cup dry cooked in vegetable broth for flavor)
- 1 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh arugula (I used both spinach and arugula)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: from FitFoodieFinds.com
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the sweet potato and then drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Mix it up with your hands. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir half way.
- Prepare the quinoa tabouli. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, parsley, arugula, red onion and cherry tomatoes. In a small jar, combine the balsamic, apple cider vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Shake it up, and then pour over the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the hummus by following the recipe for DIY Hummus on this post.
- Assemble your bowl with the sweet potatoes, quinoa tabouli and hummus. Enjoy 🙂
Great post 😄
LikeLiked by 1 person