Craving comfort food? How about a burger and fries? Satisfy your cravings with these loaded burgers made from scratch. These burgers are full of flavor, melty cheese, spices, and fresh veggies. Don’t forget the fries on the side, because you deserve it.
This recipe is from Rachel’s Good Eats. I’ve made these burgers a couple of times before so I knew they would be good. You can use ground turkey or chicken. This time I used turkey because that was what I was in the mood for. I also added cheese because melty cheese in my burger just sounded oh so good. I wish I could have put them on the grill this time but the cast iron will do just fine.
I love a good burger. Some of my followers think that I’m vegetarian because I post meals with tofu and tempeh on my blog and Instagram. But, I’m actually not a vegetarian. I enjoy eating meat AND vegetarian options. So, here’s a meat recipe to clear that up, haha.
Ingredients: (from rachaelsgoodeats.com)
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup cheese, chopped (my addition!)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Instructions: (from rachaelsgoodeats.com)
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan on low to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the meat, bell pepper, cilantro, spinach, flaxseed, cheese, and spices.
- Form the mixture into 5 burgers.
- Cook the burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Build your burger with your favorite toppings and serve with some fries. Enjoy!
LikeLiked by 2 people