Caprese Pasta Salad. AKA the best pasta salad there is. I’m practicing for when I study abroad in Rome. Catch me making this for lunch everyday while I’m there. It’s probably going to taste so FRESH. I can’t wait.
Merry Christmas (eve) to those that are celebrating! I created this pasta just for you hence the green and red colors. Just kidding.
I love pizza. Why do I love pizza? Probably because it’s main components are cheese and carbs. So why not switch up my fav food to something that is sorta of similar to pizza –> caprese. Now let’s add in some pasta because carbs are life, literally.
Hellllloooo italian food. I can’t wait to eat you every day. T-minus 4 ish weeks. Holy moly.
I’m definitely not in school mode. But, for those of you who are reading this during school, this is a great meal prep recipe! It takes like 15 minutes, you can pack it for lunch because it’s good cold, it has great flavor, and it’s healthy.
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- 8 oz of mozzarella (I bought the pearls)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package of fresh basil, chopped (I like basil with each bite)
- Salt + pepper
Dressing (from eatingbirdfood.com):
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook your pasta according to the package.
- Mix the dressing in a jar. Shake or stir until it’s emulsified. I halved the dressing recipe from eatingbirdfood.com. Feel free to double it if you want some more.
- Add the pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and dressing to a bowl and enjoy! 🙂