Today, I was craving something chocolatey. I also had so zucchini in the fridge that I needed to use up before it went bad. Hmmm. Yep, chocolate zucchini bread it is!! But this is no ordinary zucchini bread. This bread is made with almond butter which makes it taste so good. I may be a little obsessed with baking with almond butter… Thank you paleoglutenfree.com for fueling my obsession.
But I mean just look at it, 😍 it looks like a brownie. I think I’ve hit the jackpot!
Yeah, so this recipe calls for a LOT of almond butter (1 cup). Here’s your reminder that you can make your own almond butter from grinding up almonds (buy the almonds in the bulk section!!) It’s much cheaper. Learn how to do it on my DIY Almond Butter post here.
This recipe makes a loaf that is on the smaller side FYI. So if you have a smaller loaf pan use it. Otherwise, you can get creative and create a space holder in a bigger pan.
Here’s the recipe from: paleoglutenfree.com
- 1 cup almond butter (Grind up almonds and then measure)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Combine all of the ingredients except the zucchini and chocolate chips in a blender or food processor until smooth. But if you’re like me and your blender is weak (#collegestudent) blend in the almond butter last.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips (save some for topping!)
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes (until a tooth pick comes out clean).
Yay enjoy! Now this pupper is ready to go in the freezer 🙂 I can’t wait to eat it again tomorrow.